TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE CHAR KWAY TEOW LEGACY 2022 GIVEAWAY EVENT
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
1. The August 2022 Giveaway Event (the “Event”) is organised by the GiveDangerously Foundation (the “Organiser”)
2. By entering the giveaway, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, including any amendments thereto (the “T&Cs”).
3. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the T&Cs at any time, and modify, cancel or suspend the Giveaway Event at its sole discretion any time. Notice of any such amendments, cancellations or suspensions will be posted on the Organiser’s Official Website, Facebook and Instagram pages.
4. The Giveaway Event is open to persons who are:
(a) Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents;
(b) residing in Singapore;
(c) above 18 years of age, or if below 18 years of age have obtained consent from his/her parent or legal guardian to enter this Giveaway Event and to be bound in all respects by the T&Cs. Participants must submit proof of parental or guardian consent for their participation in this event, if required by the Organiser; and
(d) who are not employees of the Organiser [or the Organiser’s appointed social media agency managing this event], or the immediate family members of such employees.
Submission of Giveaway Event Entries
5. The Giveaway Event is open for entry submissions from 13th August 2021 to 28 February 2023 23:59 (Singapore Time) (“Event Period”). This Giveaway Event will be held at different destinations, please view this link for the full schedule of the exhibition.
6. To submit a valid entry for the Giveaway Event, you must:
(a) Submit the entry form in this link. For entries to be considered, they must be sufficiently well-written and have adequate depth of thought. Whether the submission meets this criterion is subject to the sole discretion of the Organiser.
(b) To get an additional 3 entries for the Giveaway Event, you must take a screenshot of the quote in the link, repost it on your social media story while tagging GiveDangerously on Instagram or Facebook.
7. You may only submit 6 (a) and 6(b) once, and can win only one (1) prize. Each participant is only eligible for maximum 4 chances for the giveaway.
8. Entries must be submitted during the Giveaway Event Period. Entries submitted after the stated date and time will not be accepted.
9. By submitting an entry, which includes reference to any work (e.g. photographs, written works or drawings) featured in the entry:
(a) you represent and warrant that you are the authorized account owner of the Facebook or Instagram account used to submit the entry;
(b) you represent and warrant that the entry is original and you are the sole owner of the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the entry;
(c) you represent and warrant that the entry has not been used for commercial purposes, published previously or submitted for other contests, locally or abroad;
(d) you agree that the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the entry shall vest solely in the Organiser from the point at which the entry is submitted, without compensation;
(e) you agree that the Organiser will credit you in any use of the entry, and may disclose your name and particulars of the entry for publicity purposes;
(f) if the entry is selected as a winning entry, you also agree: (i) to cooperate and participate in publicity activities (including photographs, videos or interviews) if required by the Organiser; and
(g) you confirm that you are not in violation of any law or regulations by entering the Giveaway Event.
10. The Giveaway Event is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook and Instagram, and you agree to release Facebook and Instagram from any claims. Questions, comments or feedback relating to the Giveaway Event are to be addressed to the Organiser only and not to Facebook and Instagram. You also acknowledge that by opening an account with and using the services, products or features of Facebook or Instagram, you are responsible for complying with the terms and conditions of these platforms and the Organiser shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for such account and usage.
Judging of Entries and Prizes
11. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry which does not comply with the T&Cs or are deemed to be of poor quality, incomplete, illegible, incomprehensible, fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, defamatory or otherwise inappropriate in the sole and absolute opinion of the Organiser.
12. All decisions by the Organiser relating to the Giveaway Event are final. The Organiser is not obliged to provide reasons concerning the selection of the winning entries or entertain any appeals whatsoever.
14. The Organiser will select one (1) winning entry and the winner will be entitled to receive one of the respective prizes:
A 3D2N Staycation
15. Winners will be announced in March 2023 on the Organiser’s Facebook page and/or Instagram page or story and will also be notified by Email in which instructions on prize collection will be provided.
16. If any winner cannot be contacted by the Organiser or does not respond to the notification by the Organiser within 3 days OR a reasonable period of time, the Organiser reserves the right to select a replacement winner or forfeit the prize, and the originally selected winner shall not be entitled to any payment or compensation from the Organiser.
16. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Unless otherwise stated, the winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred in relation to the acceptance of the prize.
17. The Organiser makes no warranties, representations or guarantees either expressed or implied regarding any prize, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
18. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry, forfeit and/or reclaim any prize at any time if the Organiser deems that there has been a breach of the T&Cs by any winner, whether discovered during or after the Giveaway Event Period.
19. The Organiser may in its sole and absolute discretion substitute, withdraw and/or cancel any prizes or make changes to the value and/or number of prizes at any time without prior notice. The Organiser is not obliged to provide reasons and shall not be liable for any payment or compensation to any person due to such changes.
Liability and Indemnity
20. To the fullest extent permissible under law, the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss, damage, liability, injury or costs and expenses relating to any person’s participation in the Giveaway Event, including but not limited to any changes to the prizes, disqualification of entries, any winner’s acceptance and use of his/her prize and any delay, cancellation, failure or omission on the Organiser’s part to carry out the Giveaway Event whether due to force majeure events or otherwise.
21. You agree to indemnify the Organiser and hold the Organiser harmless from and against all liabilities, losses, damages, proceedings, suits, actions, claims and demands, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) and expenses whatsoever suffered or incurred by the Organiser relating to or arising from or in connection with any use of your entry by the Organiser and/or any breach of the T&Cs by you.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
23. The T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore for every purpose and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Version dated 3th August 2022. If you have any questions regarding the Contest, please send your inquiry to email@example.com